The Bettoja family has always valued its duties towards society, and since the origins of the Bettoja Hotel group they have been strongly committed to the welfare of local communities.
As global duties have shifted, so have ours.
Today, being responsible towards society also includes being responsible towards the environment.
The Bettoja family recognises the role of their Hotles as a high impact industry and are committed to taking more steps to reduce their negative impacts on the environment.
Targets we have accomplished:
- Reduced plastic consumption - elimination of all plastic bottles from our restaurants and mini-bar service saving from 40.000 to 60.000 bottles per year. The glass bottles are then returned to the bottle company and reused.
- Recycle - we recycle in all our kitchens.
- Furniture restoration- to avoid overconsumption and to maintain our historical heritage, all our wooden furniture is routinely maintained and restored by local artisans.
- Social impacts - 100% of staff employed are from Rome and surrounding areas. Efficient insulation - thermal testing and double-glazing to ensure minimum waste.
- Energy reductions - the structures utilise 20.000volt electricity for more energy efficiency, and to reduce consumption.
Targets we aim to accomplish:
- Reduced plastic consumption - continue to minimise the use of plastic throughout the structures by using natural substitutes such as bamboo for straws and cutlery.
- Reduce carbon emissions - by utilising local produce in our restaurants to minimise transport carbon costs.
- Recycle - increase recycling impacts by introducing recycling bins in all our bedrooms.
- Natural materials - the use of natural fibres for carpeting and linen is aimed at reducing microplastics in the environment and minimising fire risk as natural materials act as fire retardants compared to easily flammable synthetic materials.
- Further targets to be set - by hiring an expert to carry out a diligence report with an overview of how best to reduce our impacts in 2020.